Correctional Research Symposium 2020
Event Date: 12-14 May 2020
Take part in the third edition of the international Correctional Research Symposium in May 2020. In collaboration with EuroPris, ICPA and CEP, and with the support of the Directorate-General of Reintegration and Prison Services (DGRPS), this next event will take place in Porto, Portugal.
Call for Papers, Registration and Accommodation links are available on our conference website.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Under the title "Motivation and Well-Being of Correctional Staff How They Matter and What Can We Do About It" the Symposium aims to elaborate on questions, such as:
- When (and how) do correctional staff in Prison and Community Services over the world work at their best?
- What are the challenges and difficulties of correctional work - in prisons and in the community? What are the outcomes for staff?
- Can we give examples of outstanding correctional staff? What difference can they make in offender rehabilitation? What is the evidence base?
- Are there environments or types of leadership that can support staff well-being and increase motivation?
- How do staff working in corrections innovate, or work creatively, to achieve good outcomes?
- What supports correctional staff in their work? What supports them best in managing increasing complexity? Is more training the answer?
- How can corrections staff successfully navigate job related stress?
- Can we give examples of excellent workforce development?
- What strategies are used to recruit, retain and reward staff?
- Where are the gaps in research?
The Symposium would like to address these questions through panel sessions with researchers and practitioners, through plenary presentations and workshops.
WANT TO PRESENT?
If you are interested in presenting your vision on the above topics please send your abstract by 15 January 2020 to kirstenhawlitschek@europris.
The Programme Committee will make a selection and inform you by the end of January if your contribution will be included in the Symposium.
You can also propose to combine several papers from different speakers, into one 1.5 hour workshop. It will, however, be up to the Programme Committee to select either one paper or the suggested combination.
- Academics / researchers
- Prison staff
- Prison Directors / Governors / Director Generals / Higher management
Registration fees are set at the special rate of 225 EUR for delegates from Public Sector, NGO/Non-Profit and Academic institutions (375 EUR for all other participants).
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
CRS2020 will take place in Holiday Inn Porto Gaia. All registrants can benefit from the special accommodation rates.
We advise you to book your accommodation early to avoid any inconvenience. May is expected to be busy and the rooms might be sold out quickly.
Tuesday, 12 May: Arrival, Check-In and Welcome Reception
Wednesday, 13 May: Keynote, Plenary and Workshop Sessions
Thursday 14 May: Plenary and Workshop Sessions
agenda details will be published as they become available
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE HERE